Narrabri Independent Planning Commission (IPC) Meeting/Hearing (Date to be confirmed)
The next formal step in the assessment process for the Narrabri Gas Project will be its referral to the Independent Planning Commission (IPC). This is the last phase of the assessment process before a recommendation, then final determination.
The IPC is likely to give 3 – 6 weeks’ notice of a public meeting or hearing (no rights of appeal) to be held in Narrabri in early 2020.
Free, fun and informative activities are being planned around this event. To find out more, subscribe to news updates, and we will notify you of dates and activities.
Together, experts, local communities and people from all over NSW will gather at Narrabri for several days to demonstrate the community’s rejection of this project and the expansion of the coal seam gas industry in our state.
Writers of submissions in 2017 will be given a couple of weeks’ notice to register as speakers. If you don’t get asked, please request an invitation to speak. More submissions will be called for and will be accepted as the IPC continues.
Write a Submission
- Any person or organisation can make a submission to a parliamentary committee
- You can write a brief letter or a substantial research paper
- You can attach supporting documents
- Submissions must be relevant to the terms of reference so use these as headings
- You only need to address those issues that are relevant to you
- All form submissions are counted as one, so write your own
- If friends don’t have time to write their own, offer to do it for them. Ask them about their main concerns, write their submission and email it to them to edit and provide the address to send it to.
NSW Upper House – Guide to writing submissions.